Why should it matter what dental implant system the provider is using? Knowing about the brand and quality of the implant system used by the provider is very important since not all dental implants are the same. There are a limited number of implant systems on the market that have the design, surface characteristics, and parts and pieces required for a predictable immediate full mouth implant teeth therapy.
During your consultation visit, you should ask the provider about the implant system he/she is using.
The main implant systems used for immediate full mouth implant teeth therapy
Made in Switzerland, it is the #1 implant company in the world as far as the market share.
Made in Switzerland, it is the #2 implant company in the world as far as market share.
Its ASTRA Line is made in Sweden and its Ankylos and Xive lines are made in Germany. It is the #3 implant company in the world, as far as market share.
It is an American company with two implant lines: Zimmer and 3i, both implants are made in the USA. It is the #4 implant company in the world as far as the market share.
Made in America. It is the # 5 implant company in the USA as far as market share.
Here’s why it is important to choose a market leader implant system:
- They have spent decades acquiring manufacturing expertise
- Over time, your implants may need parts (like new screws that hold the bridge)
- Established companies are far less likely to disappear, giving you peace of mind that you’ll always be able to access spare parts
- These implants are recognized globally wherever you go. Their parts and pieces are distributed globally
- These brands have hundreds of research studies published on their products; other less established brands have just a few (if any)
The potential problems related to lesser-known implant systems are simply not worth the short-term cost savings—especially if you average the savings over the number of years your implants will serve you.
What Implant system is being used for AIID immediate full mouth implant teeth?
AIID is committed to only using premium brand dental implants and components from reputable manufacturers.
- No generic ‘copy’ dental implants: we demand and only purchase the best for you mainly from Straumann and in some cases we have patients with other implant systems mentioned above. They have proven track records and clinical studies supporting their efficacy
- We only use authentic parts, not cheap copies. We keep the record of authenticity on file
- We do not recycle dental implant components from patient to patient; we have a strict single-use policy for your safety and hygiene
- You can rest assured that this policy extends to all equipment and dental materials used as part of your treatment
The AIID Clinical Practice, now accepting appointments. Go online to our website, www.implant-dentistry.com, or call today at 202-331-3242 to get started.
The American Institute of Implant Dentistry is one of the world’s premier implant education institutes, committed to continued education for dental implant specialists. These courses are taught by highly qualified and experienced instructors, who personally practice what they teach. After 27 years of bringing our knowledge and experience to dental professionals around the world, we have now started the AIID Clinical Practice. Featuring a multidisciplinary, results-driven approach, AIID Clinical Practice is able to complete every step of your procedure under the same roof with the same clinical team. Experience the world-class care and sophisticated techniques taught to thousands, all conveniently located in one practice in Washington, DC.